Skin superfood is a term coined for all the foods that have some health benefits and is based on some health benefits and nutrients count. This term is usually used by experts, dietitians, and scientists for food products that have health benefits for your skin. There are numerous benefits of skin superfoods and it works wonders on your skin.
The various kinds of superfoods for various skin types are:
For all skin types
- Ginger– Ginger is a great antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory food product that soothes the skin and diminishes red spots in a jiffy.
- Chia seeds– Chia seeds are a hub of omega-3 fatty acids, which act as a building block of healthy skin function and makes the skin wrinkle free and strong till old age.
- Tomatoes– Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and help to prevent heart diseases. Whether you use them in salads or soups, tomatoes are rich in proteins in any form. They are definitely one of the best sources to make your skin feel alive.
For acne-prone skin
- Oatmeal– Oatmeal is the best replacement for cereals that you may be having in your morning breakfast. It is low in the glycemic index as it provides less starch. Oatmeal also keeps the blood sugar level in control and helps to control acne breakouts.
- Miso– Miso is the closest replacement for yogurt. It is very helpful for individuals who are lactose intolerant and can’t eat yogurt. Miso has the same gut-friendly bacteria as yogurt. It’s great for the skin. Eat it with your lunch or dinner and see the magic.
- Artichokes– They are a rich source of the flavonoid silymarin. The main benefit of having them in the diet is you get clear skin without any blemishes. It works wonders when paired with spinach.
For oily skin
- Sweet potatoes– They have high levels of vitamin A and are effective in reducing oil production. One of the best replacements for potato, they help in treating acne too. The consumption of sweet potatoes should be in the right proportion as overeating them can be harmful.
- Cinnamon– To make the skin look great in every season, cinnamon is the perfect cure. Cinnamon is great for blood circulation and gets nutrients directly to the skin. It helps in the production of essential oils too.
For dry skin
- Avocados– Avocados are a rich source of healthy oils and vitamin E, and they are important for skin cell function. Also, they are good for skin hydration.
- Sardines– They are considered to be an excellent source of B12 and selenium. Dry and patchy skin can be made hydrated with the help of sardines.
For wrinkles and fine lines
- Salmon– Salmon is known for lowering the risks of heart disease and blood pressure. It produces collagen, which keeps the skin’s foundation strong and wrinkle-free.
- Egg whites– They have proteins and are high in lysine and proline, which help in fighting wrinkles.
- Quinoa– Quinoa is rich in protein, it also has increased riboflavin, which makes the skin elastic and makes fine lines less prominent.
The skin quality has a direct impact on our looks. Processed foods kill the glow of the skin and make it dull. Proper food acts as nourishment for our skin. As plants need natural nutrients to grow, skin also needs superfoods to glow. Happy eating!