Volumetrics diet is the approach designed by Dr. Barbara Rolls. Basically, this diet plan is useful for overweight or obese people for whom the important target is their weight loss. Most of them go through a plethora of different diet regimes before settling on the ideal one for them. These strategies also tend to include multiple exercises and changes in their lifestyle. The Volumetrics diet plan is characterized by a steadiness in the volume or the amount of foodstuff consumed. This diet plan does not involve a reduction of food items consumed in a day. In fact, it allows the same quantity to be consumed with low calorie and low energy food items. Therefore, this approach gives the satisfaction of fullness even when you are trying to lose weight. There are a few guidelines with this diet too, as with any other.
- Do not forget to drink a big glass of water a little while before every meal.
- Eat fruits/veggies as a starter. After consuming a glass of water you can nibble on with boiled vegetables or fruits before your meals. Both are low on calories in comparison to other starters and contain lots of nutrients, which is extremely important. You can also consider sprouts and salads as starters.
- Bring a change in the snack routine in a healthy manner. Change your snacking habit in such a way that you will consume a sufficient quantity of food instead of starving yourself. You need to just ensure that the food you consume is nutrient-rich rather than high in trans-fats or carbs. Nuts, roasted nuts, crackers, fruits, and salads are the best options for your evening time snacks.
- Reduce the number of sweets you consume. Everyone loves sweets, desserts, and cakes. These extremely delicious treats are easy to binge on and it is very tough to control the temptation. The volumetric diet suggests that you should reduce the intake of sweet items since they contain more energy density and calories. You can get your intake of sweets under control step by step.
- When you are eating something unhealthy, reduce the portion you eat. Try to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy foods, and try to calculate the underlying calories in that food item.
A recipe you can follow when on this diet
One popular recipe for Volumetrics diet followers is the preparation of what is called Colorful salad with cottage cheese and your favorite fruits and vegetables. You can use cheese in finely grated form or cheese slices if available. It is better to serve this fresh.
Basic ingredients required for this recipe are any types of berries, fresh fruits, and lightly colored fresh vegetables. Berries are the powerhouse for many nutritional components such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Vegetables provide the essential nutrients required for your body. Toss the chosen ingredients in a mixing bowl and drizzle a garnish on honey and nuts if you so desire.
This recipe makes for a great option for a snack or lunch and its vibrant colors make it look incredibly appealing to the senses.