A couple can choose to get married in Las Vegas, have an island wedding in Hawaii, choose the sunny state of Florida, or have the ultimate New York wedding at the famous and iconic Central Park.
There are many movie and series scenes featuring weddings at Central Park, and there are songs in certain musical films featuring the wedding spot as Central Park. The 843-acre Central Park has become one of the most famous and popular wedding locales in New York City, and it has several places with amazing backdrops for the wedding pictures. There are outdoor venues for couples planning for a spring or summer wedding, and there are possibilities of the snow making it even more magical in the case of a winter wedding. Some of the spots in Central Park that are perfect for a wedding are mentioned here:
- The Bow Bridge: From the 74th street and West Central Park, one can reach the Bow Bridge by a 10 minutes walk. The 87-feet long Gothic-looking bridge sprawls across a lake and is one of the most magnificent locations in the Park and offers a scenic view of the Central Park West and the Fifth Avenue, apart from stunning views of the skyline.
- Ladies Pavilion: If one walks for 5 minutes from the Central Park West side and the 76th street, they will be greeted by the charming Ladies Pavilion. This cast iron vintage structure has a mesmerizing look with the backdrop of a lake. It is located in the quietest area of Central Park and is a great spot for couples who wish to have an intimate and a small wedding. From this charming expression that is an example of the 19th century American decorative arts, one gets an amazing view of the skyline of Manhattan as well.
- The Strawberry Fields: This is an ideal wedding spot for those who are huge fans of music and in particular, the Beatles.
- The Bethesda Terrace: This is among the oldest structures in the heart of Central Park. The place has 2 grand staircases and also provides a good view of the Park as well as of the lake, making it a very popular wedding venue. It is perfect for those who want a splashy and fun-filled wedding.
- Belvedere Castle: This spot in Central Park offers a great view of the Park from its two balconies, making it another ideal spot for weddings. The wedding ceremony can be carried out at the Gazebo, which gives the couple an opportunity to have beautiful photographs with an enchanting backdrop of a castle.
- Shakespeare Garden: Located in West Central Park, this garden looks like it has come out Shakespeare’s “Midsummer Night’s Dream”. There are also quotations all around with brass plaques, and it makes for a great wedding venue for literature loyalists and enthusiasts.